Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by 426runner
HT with minimal options. No hood paint, no dust trail, even (rear) stripe delete. No PS. Only options I can think of besides Super Track Pack are hood pins and tinted windshield. I much prefer the idea of aftermarket tach on the column!!

Having a blank off in the tach spot would be more fitting. A rite of passage. That car is ALL business!

I think showing it without the vintage aftermarket tach would be cool too. The more sparse the better.

Neat car!

up up Absolutely the more bare bones the better especially with a Hemi car. I've told the story of how in early '69 I got to use a friend's '68 bare bones Hemi Road Runner that he ordered with only the Hemi engine and a column 727. Rubber floor mats, no radio, RM21 coupe, no hood blackout, NOTHING right down to when I got on it and looked in the rear view mirror there was only ONE right side tire mark on the road. I asked why was that and he said he got it with the standard rear an 8-3/4, 3.23 OPEN rear.....I never thought it would come like that but you can check that it's the way they came if you didn't order a performance axle package. He intended to drag race it and had a 4.56 or something for it at his shop.