The earlier 1994-1995 Magnum V8s had a noticeably “rough” idle with all specs to factory.

A friend down at Rockingham years ago told me had made his 5.9 V8 idle “Lexus Smooth”
by advancing his camshaft timing 10 degrees with a timing chain gear offset keyway.
If you input the 1995 OEM valve timing event degrees listed in the FSM for a Magnum 5.9V8
into the Performance Trends Engine Analyzer computer program it reports that the 1995 cam is installed with slightly more than 14 degrees of retard.

My 1995 Magnum 5.9 V8 surprised me with a “Lexus Smooth” idle
when I took the radiator fan off after changing the stock 50/50 coolant to Evans Cooling NPG coolant.
At idle in park the coolant gauge would level off just short of 300 degrees and the idle was much smoother, and without the fan it was much quieter too.

In 1998 Dodge changed the camshaft.
Some year Dodge made the internal aluminum divider insider the “Beer Barrel” intake manifold shorter, leaving a bigger bottom gap.
Sometime between 1995 and 2000 Dodge swapped the sides that the PCV and Breather are on, like the pictures above show.
I do not know if they improved the oil droplet baffling hidden inside the Magnum valve covers.

The PCV later ended up on the valve cover that has the oil fill cap.
I wonder if the internal guts of that valve cover is different?