Originally Posted by hotairballoonpilot
My dads uncle was part of a model a club that would drive well into mexico and way south back in the 70's and 80's. They would take off and drive the model a and model t's from South dakota,Wyoming and pick up couples on the way south. Of course those old guys knew everything about their cars though. So 700 miles is a cake walk compared to what they use to do

Yepper my buddies dad said he drive all over the USA in Model A befure WW2 when he signed up.
Worked here and there as he did. Once picked apples and on the last day took some irregulars and sold them alomg the way across the country for gas. He had some great times in Model A.
He joined up and was,sent to AK close to the port that Deadliest Catch sails out of. For some time.
I drove one of his or someone's he was working on.
We forget that these cars were driven as cars back in their heyday
The whole front floor pans come right out with few screws or bolts to access lots of things.

Last edited by 340SIX; 03/29/22 06:39 PM.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough