Originally Posted by redraptor
What I haven't seen mentioned is anyones tolerance to quirks on some of these high mile vehicles. Some quirks are easy fixes some are not or more expensive than it's worth to solve. I'm talking occasional things like rough idle once in a while, shifting funny occasionally, heater ductwork maybe hanging up depending on settings, rattle you can't quite pin down, CLE coming on for no reason, lights that burn out more frequently than others, etc, etc...

I recently sold a C3500 dump that I owned for a few years to complete some projects.Truck had 240k on it and I maybe put 500 miles a year on. It had some or all of these quirks but never left me stranded and always hauled the mail. That being said, It would drive me nuts if i was depending on to make a living. twocents

If those things are dealt with as they arise over the years it don't hit you all at once and is a lot easier to swallow, it's when the previous owner ignored a bunch (oh it's just the cig lighter quit, oh it's just an EVAP leak...) of little things until it adds up to one big huge bill to fix everything all at once that will get you.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!