Well we had “fun”, but certainly not the success of going rounds you hope for….. got to stop and chat with Mercman as he was pitted by another racer I knew that ended up being an acquaintance of his through a great story.
Friday night we roll to the lanes for one of the first races and low and behold guess who I roll up against…. Mercman. Well in his southern hospitality ways he handed me the gift of a very bad reaction time, but he’d traveled a long ways and I was having nothing to do with that. Looking at the slip I think I must have waited for green, looked both ways and proceeded with caution laugh2 ….he advanced. Pretty frustrating after ripping a .003/.009 in the prior test passes.

CKessel…. Thanks for swinging by. Would have been more hospitable but we were in our running around like a chicken with its head cut off stage.

Correctdirection…. nice meeting up with you too Lance! We have many “friends by association” from our SoDak roots.

Overall had a good time as I was pitted with a bunch of my Central Valley / SoCal mopar guys. We only see each other 1 maybe 2 times a year and it’s always a fun group to hang out with.

Will they have another one?? I can’t say…. The current economic climate sure isn’t working in anyones favor for travel right now. I’d have to say the attendance was “mediocre”…. Lots of empty room in the show spaces, matter of fact a friend that lives in Vegas brought is Chevelle out for the GM section and their were like five other cars there. Obviously quite a few more Mopars, but still a lot of open space.
Swap area pretty small. Another friend of mine from SoDak who restores Mopars said the prices were quite high, but he still managed to find a few items he deemed worthy of purchasing.
The “stock/ss” combo race was a GREAT addition to the racing program…. It’s like a car show, with wheelies!