Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by elmor353
I've done several 360 swaps on late 60's and early 70's a-bodies. I had never done the swap on an f-body before. Will be running a 727 and already have the proper B+M flex plate. Will be using headers for the exhaust. I know the driveshaft will have to be shortened.
Was just curious as to why RockAuto was showing the same numbers for complete mount assemblies on both engines. Guess I will shim the new mount. Thanks guys.
Yes you'll have to shorten driveshaft. I've had several shortened on my M bodies. No local shops to balance them after shortening. The shop that shortened them insisted I did not have to have it balanced after shortening. I was skeptical but so far so good and I have not had a problem but I sure would prefer to have it re-balanced. I believe you'll need a different yoke as well. yoke on the 904 transmissions is smaller than the 727

I have had several drive shafts shortened without rebalancing. As long as the ends are clocked the same and the shaft is welded back up on the lathe while turning they have been fine with no ill effects. Bubba's booger welds would not work well though.