Since I retired last year, I've been helping out at a race engine shop near me, assembling race engines. Most of the work is bow tie stuff and it is unbelievable what you can't get right now. Used to be able to call one source for parts and it would show up the next morning. Now, IF you can find what you need, one piece comes from here, one from there and another from somewhere else. If you can find rocker arms, you can't find the shafts. You can get a crank & rods, but not the pistons. Cylinder heads, nope. And don't even think about ARP studs/bolts. For a while we couldn't get bearings. (You know its bad when you can't get rod bearings for a SB Chevy). As of Fri, I have 4 engines waiting on something to be able to complete them, one needs a cam, one needs intake gaskets, one needs lifters and the other is waiting on a oil pan. Hoping it gets better soon, but not showing any signs of it yet. And like the owner has been telling customers for a few months, "if you got an engine thats good, run what you got, this isn't a good time to be trying to change stuff".

Brian