Just got home from a 3,500 mile trip tonight, took my time with this one, 9 days total! Luckily diesel fuel went to the moon, the highest I saw was $5.75/gallon but highest I paid was $5.39, should I add up the receipts? I think not...LOL Started out taking a 72 Challenger to Fayetteville, GA but then headed to Bike Week in Daytona Beach as a friend had brought 3 bikes down from Charlotte and another buddy flew in, so I had a bike to ride for a couple of days in the 85 degree heat. What to do with the enclosed trailer so I didn't have to deadhead with it all the way to Daytona? I had to pick-up a car in Norfolk, VA on the way back, so why not find a place to put it? Drop it off at a Harley dealer in Savannah as they said the posers could drop their trailers and ride down from there, great idea! Well when I got there they said no trailers bigger than 16', so I started heading south. I decided to drop it at a Walmart and hope it would be there when I got back, but the Walmart in Kingsland, GA was not suitable, so I saw a Harbor Freight Tools store with a huge parking lot and semi's sleeping there, so I dropped it and high-tailed it to Daytona. A couple good days riding around, seeing some cool bands like Hairbangers Ball at the Broken Spoke and ZZ3 at the Iron Horse, it did rain cats and dogs and was a wet ride back to the condo after HBB. Two days was all I needed, so headed north on Wednesday hoping the trailer was still there, and it was with nothing stolen or broken! up Early in Daytona I got a call to pick-up a nasty Hyabusa going to the same area around Chicago, so I realized my old broken down enclosed would not handle it. So scheming took place, and I looked through Craigslist and found the perfect trailer in Dudley, NC so I grabbed the old beater and headed north in case the deal would not go down. Got there and everything was good, bought the trailer and he let me leave my old one there for a month! Got to Norfolk and near the two aircraft carriers docked and destroyers and other floating death islands I found the pick-up point, but I had to stop at Home Depot to buy some e-track and lag screws so I could make a place to tie down the bike. Everything worked out great, the seller helped with loading so the Lingenfelter Z06 and Hyabusa were secured and I headed west to Bristol, TN and Elizabethton to pick up parts then head north. Got to Richmond, KY for the night and the weather held out the entire trip except for a few flurries along the way. Dropped the bike in McCook, IL then the Vette in St. Charles, IL and headed home with some pizza and salads to help smooth the greetings for my patient wife of 40 years. Up next, back to Vegas and Tennessee starting Wednesday! boogie

Last edited by Rhinodart; 03/12/22 12:24 AM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!