Originally Posted by mgoblue9798
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
The greatest reward from EFI is the ease of starting in all weather or after the car sits for several days. What a huge difference that made to me in my '89 Diplomat police car. I can not drive it for a week and not have to pour gas down the carb. Or with the cold weather starts right up and I don't have to keep pumping so that it doesn't stall out.

I like the FiTech system I have BUT if nobody makes a tank for your car to sump the pump then you will have to use their "Fuel Command Center" and they can be problematic when mounted under hood and exposed to high heat. I went through two of them but seem to have it working well now. I have insulated or maybe I should say isolated it best possible from heat and seems to have solved issues. All this said, I agree with others in that I don't think it's worth doing just to save money because these systems are expensive. It is however worth doing for drivability.

Larry I have to ask cold weather in central Florida? As far as starting after sitting goes a can of ether will do the same thing as a $2000 fuel injection system in that regard. Just have to let the carb warm up to do its thing.
There are plenty of cold days during Winter. And as far as ether, that gets to be a real PITA especially with the Power Wagon. It only takes three days and then I have to pour gas down carb after three days. I've heard ether not good btw shruggy maybe something about upper cyl protection?

I do like Moparx solution! I'd forgotten about people installing the electric pump.

Facts are stubborn things.