Me thinks that is a problem created on an internet myth that some folks who don't have hands on experiences talk about and advocate the use of to cure a problem that normally does not exist work twocents
The oil pump gear in BB Mopars rotates counterclockwise and the cam gear is trying to push it towards the rear of the block, the cam lobe taper rotates the flat lifters and that tries to push the lobes forwards scope Those two forces end up reducing the movement of the cam against the gear work scope twocents Roller cam do not normally push the cam either way unless the lifters bores are not straight up and down scope
I've raced and built BB Mopars for a long time, I've seen one bronze gear go bad in that time, no stock gears ever work shruggy the bronze gear that went bad was reused on new cam by another engine builder and didn't live very long before eating itself up on the new cam work
I will not reuse a bronze gear on any other cam, I will and have reuse the original gear on the same cam when freshening a drag race motor and a street and strip motor up
My pump gas Duster motor had over 3000 street miles on it and hundreds of both 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile passes on it when I traded it off, I have not heard it went bad so far luck whistling grin

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)