Figured as long as I’m waiting on the rotating assembly to get back I’d take care of some small things.

I’m going to be running a Hot Heads dual plane intake on this one with an eye on eventually adding fuel injection.

[Linked Image]HHI1 by M Patterson, on Flickr

I ended up doing a little relieving on some of the runners so it would be easier to get the cap screws to start straight when it gets bolted to the heads and also drilled and tapped the passenger side water port for a heater hose fitting.

[Linked Image]HHI2 by M Patterson, on Flickr

When I got the 301 Spitfire heads I also salvaged a couple of 301 distributors out of the engines. They are the right length to fit the 331/354 HEMIs and Polys.

[Linked Image]Dist 1 by M Patterson, on Flickr

They are also pretty easy to convert over to Electronic Ignition using stock SB Mopar parts. One was set up with mechanical and vacuum advance and the other has the advances locked out (for use with the fuel injection). The lockout was pretty easy to do using parts from a Lean Burn/Electronic Spark Control distributor.

[Linked Image]Dist Conv by M Patterson, on Flickr

I went thru a swap meet AFB I’d picked up a while back, it was a little corroded on the outside but beautiful on the inside so it got a kit. It’s only 600 CFM but will do fine on the test stand to break in the cam and run occasionally.

[Linked Image]carb 354 by M Patterson, on Flickr

and I got a few other parts painted.

[Linked Image]misc parts by M Patterson, on Flickr

I still need to build an Air Cleaner, PS Pump Bracket, Alternator Bracket and AC compressor bracket, but that will all have to wait until I get the engine assembled.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)