Originally Posted by hemienvy
I have a couple of (long term) big inch engine projects. On one of them I am debating whether to go with a 1 x 4 spider intake with a Dom
or go with a tunnel ram with 2 x 750's, or 950's.

With the two fours I get 4 needle & seats, 4 accelerator pumps, 8-corner idle, and I think better cylinder - to - cylinder distribution.

With one big Dominator, everything is "simpler", (or is it ?)

I am speaking in generalities on purpose, this is a street engine and once the fuel curve is pretty close I don't really want/need
to keep adjusting it like a bracket car.

Can 2 fours be dialed in a little closer cylinder to cylinder than a single Dominator ?
Absolutely up
Every BB Mopar that I have added more fuel and air through the top end made more power and ran quicker and faster as long as the fuel delivery system would keep up work
I'm going to assume you're going to mount the dual 750 Holley sideways so the front carb will feed the front four cylinders and the back carb will feed the back four cylinders so you will need and should tune the idle and transition circuits to feed all 8 cylinders as evenly as possible first up wrench Then work on the primary for light part throttle driving under 2500 RPM next and lastly work on the WOT tuning to get all 8 cylinders perfect grin up wrench
Now get to WORK boogieand go faster than you ever have devil up
BTW, I'm getting ready to convert two sets of dual tunnel ram Carbs to E85, one set of 1050 CFM Dominator and another set of 1000 CFM HP 4150 annular carbs, both for 440- heads tunnel ram intakes, one low deck and the other for RB motors and maybe use one set of them later on the B1 NOS motor later work devil wrench

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/25/22 11:49 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)