Originally Posted by dvw
The Chrysler factory ignition switch has two outputs. The brown wire is hot in crank only, not run. The blue wire is hot in run only, not crank. They must be tired together when running anything other than a stock ignition with the ballast resistor. Both wires are located at the ballast resistor. Tie them together to feed the small red ignition on wire at your MSD.
Doug

I went through the same challenges as the original poster about 20+ years ago on my car, when it was owned by my brother. Car would fire up in the crank position and immediately die. After messing around for about 10 minutes, I found the solution but, my brother didn't agree. We chased other stuff for probably over 2 hours, and I kept suggesting the above. He was frustrated and yelled at me saying that he didn't want to do the above as he thought something would burn up. I told him that it was a fused circuit, so; if it was wrong, the fuse would pop. He wouldn't listen.

Finally, he had to go in the house to use the bathroom, so; once he was out of sight, I twisted the wires together and fired the car within like 20 seconds. He walked back out shortly after to find what I'd done. Didn't gloat or anything but, pretty much said, I told you so.