If you are getting legit offers below MSRP you are probably doing as well as you are going to in this market.
Waiting until the supply chain gets back in shape, and dealers have lots of vehicles on their lots they’d be motivated to deal on may be an attractive idea, but don’t forget that inflation may make today’s unacceptable deal look pretty good when looking back a year or two from now. 5% off a $55,000 SUV today is a lot better than 15% off the equivalent SUV a year from now if the MSRP has gone up to $65,000!
I work for a truck OEM and things are scary in the supply chain right now. I was at a meeting a few weeks ago where an executive mentioned our steel prices are up 260% over the last year! I was too much in shock after hearing that to remember price increases on some of the other materials he listed like aluminum, plastic and chips, except for the lowest material increase which was rubber at 15% higher.
Our production is constrained enough by supply issues that our 2022 production schedule was filled last year and we basically stopped taking orders. And we have a clause in order contracts that we can raise the price on an order if material costs rise more than a certain amount by the time the unit is built. Customers can cancel the order then and get their deposit back, but my understanding is few do.
I doubt the automaker’s have it much better. Things aren’t going to get better anytime soon. The situation is sort of unreal now.
Sadly at this time, if you are frugal you probably are going to have to live without. twocents
You might check with member Snake Eyz here to see if he has any of his 2022 retiree allotment of friends and family codes left, that gets you invoice minus 1%+$75 I believe it is.
He generously gave me one a year ago I used on my Ram 2500 order and I’m indebted to Rich for his help! bow