Originally Posted by moparx
i use drive on ramps for my oil changes. my bus [99 caravan] and my wife's 94 chrysler concorde.
the filters are easy to get to. just scoot a piece of cardboard under, plus a slightly oversize drain pan, and easy done.
pre-fill the filters before installation. i use wix filters.
biggest problem is my old body takes 3 hours to do a job that used to take 45 minutes. laugh2
beer

This and as 2boltmain also said Buy Ramps. Good because it also puts most vehicles in the tilted rearward angle to help drain. Get a large plastic pan used for small concrete mixing at the local home improvement store, get the right tools ready, drive it up on the ramps and shouldn't take a young person too long. Most time is used waiting for the oil to drain and clean up. I always put the oil change milage onto the new filter along with a piece of duct tape under the hood for the next change. If the oil change quantity for the vehicle is more than 5 quarts then I just buy two 5qt bottles to take advantage of those free or reduced price oil filters that most auto parts stores run as promotions, Even getting a different filter for another vehicle in the fleet at the time. Way cheaper than buying individual qt bottles to make the fill quantity needed at the time. RAMPS. up