Actually this display was my idea and I'm not making a penny off it. shruggy
Believe it or not the seed of the idea started last summer when I was at a cruise and saw a Citation X11. I always thought those were butt ugly, but I was pretty fascinated seeing it as I couldn't remember seeing one of those in decades. Back in the day Citations were everywhere.
Then I purchased a Magnum later that summer, and thought maybe if acceptable I'd put it in the Mopar Alley display in the 2022 MCACN show. But I was thinking about even with all the shows and cruises I go to, how rare it is to see a Magnum? And I remembered that X11, and then thought of all the other cars from my adolescent and teen years of the mid to late 70s that have almost disappeared off the face of the earth.
I saw Bob at a show in October and told him my idea, and he said he was interested, and if I could recruit the cars for the feature, we will do it!
At MCACN the next month I discussed the display with a number of people there and everyone was really interested and enthusiastic about it. I guess I'm not the only one who finds cars of that time interested.
I've been involved in MCACN both as a participant and staff/volunteer almost since the beginning and am a huge fan. It's a challenge to come up with ideas and keep the show fresh every year when we are mostly concentrated in a 10 year era in automotive history. Bob does an incredible job with the cars and displays he comes up, but in the end you need more than similar FC7 hemi cudas and COPA Camaros and red Boss 9s every year to keep the show relevant.
I hope this display is successful and a lot of people enjoy seeing a number of cars they may not have seen for a long long time, like I experienced when I saw that X11 last summer.
Internet can chatter all they want, but that is the story straight from the horse's mouth.

7-30-21 (19).JPG