Originally Posted by DaveRS23

P.S. The 8.8 limited slip was never meant to hold any kind of sticky tires [/quote]

i strongly disagree with this statement.

i have a supercharged 08 Bullitt Mustang that makes 650 rwhp and runs 10's all day long while being daily driven in nice weather. gets 20+ mpg on the highway.

i bought a USED rear end from a 08 GT500 for $500. it has stock parts inside it other than a gear change with ford gears, solid pinion spacer and axles. the internal limited slip is 100% stock ford parts along with the axle housing.
i launch at 4K rpm with bias tire slicks. probably have done this 100 times without problems.
i did blow out the control arm bushings doing this so i upgraded to solid bushing control arms for the track. i have poly bushing control arms for the street.

if you want to nitpick about the modified solid spacer over the stock crush sleeve the 8 3/4 uses the same type of part internally also and need the same mod. STOCK 8 3/4 axles won't hold up to this much hp and launch at 4K either.

i know of several GT500 owners running the exact same rear pushing 1000 rwhp that drive at the track just like me.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 01/23/22 08:55 AM.

perception is 90% of reality