Started to rethink this and wondered what the speed rating is for the tires he was running? I'm sure they had to be rated for more than the top speed capability of the car......or at least what the car's top speed capability was as it left the factory. Goodyear made that mistake back in the '80's when it boosted in a commercial about how "Every Ferrari that leaves the factory headed to America leaves on Goodyear tires". It came back to bite them in the event in Neveda (or out West) that had the closed off section of highway in the middle of nowhere that allowed entrants to drive their cars as fast or how they wanted. A guy entered it with his latest, new, fast Ferrari with his wife as passenger with the stock Goodyear tires that were only speed rated to 130 MPH and of course one rear tire blew at close to or over 150 MPH, flipped several times and killed his wife. He sued Goodyear for the crash and it got really ugly for a while. All Goodyear ended up doing was to put a decal on the steering wheel with the tire's speed rating and DOT information because they didn't immediately have tires that were speed and safety rated to the Ferrari's capabilities. I never even gave it a second thought on that Mercedes about the tire's speed ratings duh, hindsight is 120/120+ I hope wink That in a nutshell would be the doom or downside of having highways in the USA without speed limits, German TUV regulations for vehicle safety standards covers idiots a lot better than the current DOT/SAE standards here and they would have to change and be in place for a longtime before they could change. Sort of but not really like the roll cage regulations for drag racing and all of these sub 9 second EV and ICE cars we're starting to see.

Found it: