Originally Posted by cudaboy340
Originally Posted by AAR#2
Living in the Southwest the number of good quality shows is pretty limited. I’m unsure if it’s an oversight or by design but MATS (Vegas) and Good Guys (Scottsdale) are held the same days. Being a Phoenix resident it’s pretty tough to pass up a large local show. I have to believe I’m not the only guy that would like to attend both. Weather in the Southwest would allow either venue to be moved to late Feb, then we could see a spread of shows without stepping on toes . . . Feb, March, and April (Spring Fling)

As a show promoter, I can tell you that it's IMPOSSIBLE to avoid all scheduling conflicts. You look at all of the factors, including other shows, and you pick the best compromise. Every event has its own unique factors that most people just aren't aware of. Keep in mind, MATS is held at a major racing venue for both NHRA and NASCAR so they will get first choice on dates. I'm sure there are other clients that are ahead of Phil when it comes to picking dates, too.

For me personally, I liked it best when MATS and Spring Fling were back-to-back because then I could justify the expense to do both in one trip. That made for one awesome week and a half!! But that's just my preference. Both promoters have to look at the bigger picture.

The last thing I'd like to add, feedback like this is ALWAYS welcomed. Not just on dates, but on any aspect of a show. The reality is, we (the promoters) can't be everywhere nor can we see everything no matter how hard we try. We do these shows for YOU, the attendees, so our goal is to make an enjoyable event for you. But at the same time, we can't accommodate all suggestions so don't assume that just because you suggested it that it definitely will happen. The change has to be doable and make sense. I love ideas/suggestions/feedback!

Ed

Thanks for the feedback, and I completely understand. Excellent point about back-to-back for those making any serious mileage commitment. I can see that it will never be ideal for everyone, to include the venue grounds and their commitments. My perspective was simply addressing 3 of the larger shows in the Southwest and my preference, perhaps overlooking other instances as you have pointed out. beer