I just bought a newer truck although many still call a 10 yo truck "old"
2012 Ram 1500, reg cab long bed, started out as a fleet truck of some sort// my guess is it was probably a Fastenal truck.
Anyways I only recieved 1 key with said truck when I bought it. Got it from a local GMC/Buick stealership.
I went across to the Dodge stealership to see about getting another (maybe 2) key(s) and I swear their goal is to give customers a stroke.
I got a quote of $140-some for the "grenade" looking part and ANOTHER $31 for the "emergency" part of it, the part that actually LOOKS like a key, PLUS they want another $80 to program the damn thing? That is for ONE.... and with a "20% discount" because the parts guys are friends of mine that I have known since before that particular dealer existed. the "grenade" part lists for $191? W T F??????
why cant we still get by with keys like trucks in the 70s 80s and even most of the 90s??? Even at today's rates I can get keys made for my 85 D150 for under $3 each. why does everything have to be so hi tech? what is so special about them that they have to gouge the public so badly?

I found a couple on FeeBay for $119/a pair but now i gotta go find a locksmith and pay him ANOTHER $80 to "program" 2 keys?? Highway robbery, someone should be arrested whoever invented this scam. I have a snap on scanner that cost me $2600... can I somehow program my own with that?