I have used Fed Ex exclusively for years for shipping large packages since I started selling off my spare parts. Friday, I shipped an oil pan to California. I had got an online quote from the Fed Ex website as I always do to provide to the buyer. The quote was $43.80. When I dropped the package off at out local Fed Ex branch, the girl tells me the total is $50.82. I told her the Fed Ex website stated the cost at $43.80 to which she insisted it was $50.82. So I went ahead and paid it as I promised the buyer I would ship the pan that day. Went back home and got back on the Fed Ex website to see if I made a mistake in entering the shipping data which I didn't (which also was the same data on their receipt). So, I just called Fed Ex and explained the situation to them. The clown on the other end tells me that the online quotes are just estimates and not to be taken as fact. I explained that I had gave the purchaser of the pan a price of $43.80 for shipping so now I have to eat $7 because of this, He says there's nothing he can do about it. I have shipped many packages with Fed Ex over the years getting quotes online prior to shipping and they have always been accurate. Now he's telling me that the online quotes are just estimates? What's the point of getting a shipping quote then? Fed Ex just lost another customer.. mad