Originally Posted by 1savoyracer
Originally Posted by Tig
Can you post a pic or short vid of the issue? I'm not sure of the problem you have here. I've seen something similar on a brand new nostalgia F/C. It was backing up to make a test pass when both front wheels turned out (left to left and right to right, like this -> \ ^ / ). IIRC when going backwards both wheels want to turn outwards and on the steering linkages / tie bars, they were going past / over "TDC" on the linkage, for want of a better phrase. Has it always done it?

If you were to stand at the front of the car, and watch, as soon as i start to back up, the part of the tire touching the pavement will splay out about 4", and the top of the tire will splay in about the same amount........../........\............<<<like this...........then when i go forward, it will resume the correct stance...........l.........l...........<<<.like this........No, it has not always done it, it started a year or so ago, and is getting worse

OK, so the camber angle is changing, going way positive. As others have said, something has got to be seriously worn or busted. Weird that both sides do the same ?? I'd be stopping it in the "fault" condition and looking to see whats changed or moved under there.
Keep us updated, really intrigued to see whats happening work

'74 Challenger..9.46 @ 145.9 1/4, 6.001 @ 118 1/8 so far. 4023lb !!! # N/A, Marsh performance 655ci, Indy Maxx, T/R, Indy 600-13 X's, Street legal, pump gas, full interior, Cal-Tracs, mufflers, 3:73's and real 10.5 radials.
9.51 @ 142.4 1/4, 6.003 @ 114 1/8 with our old mule KB, 572-13, 580 wedge.
RHD '68 Barracuda Fastback 323ci street/strip. Best ET 13.88 @ 99.03