Wife and I met Joe at Carlisle this year. She went to get his autograph Saturday morning while I was cruising the swap meet. When I got back to the car she was all excited, said that she showed Joe a pic of our Daytona clone and asked him if he would stop by and sign it. He said he would stop by after the autograph session which ends at 11. I rolled my eyes, yeah right I thought. At 1:15 my friend Bryan who was parked across from us with his 69 R/T wanders over with his hands up saying "Where's Joe, where's the big celebrity?" A voice from behind him says "I'm right here, sorry I'm running late Lori". My wife couldn't believe Joe remembered her name, I have trouble remembering my kids names.
Super nice guy, signed the trunk lid, got a bunch of pics with him next to our car, I'd post them but never bothered to figure out how. We talked a bit about his Daytona drag car, I thanked him for taking the time out of his busy schedule to sign the car. A true ambassador for the Garage Squad show.

My Dad always told me, when setting goals " avoid disappointment, aim low".