Originally Posted by tony1966
Its been a while since i used mine but the plates are held in place by using the main bore rod and the cam bore rod to determine the orientation of the block in relation to the top guide plate of the tool. It more or less ignores the deck surface. I can’t remember if it bolted to the front of the block. I don’t think it does.

Hope that helps, if not i can dig mine out and snap some pix later this week.

Tony

Tony,
Thanks for responding. My machinist is mocking it up now and has been in contact with BHJ but I'm just doing my own independent research. . Its also been a while for him and from what it looks like the plate bolts on the front if the block and the bar that goes through the cam tunnel is located by the front plate with a specific thickness spacer to set it in the axial direction. I believe this is why the plate needs to be bolted to the front of the block even though it is located from the main bearing bar and cam tunnel bar . What I'm looking for is the spacer thickness that spaces the cam tunnel bar from the front plate, and pics would be even better. This older mega block has been a big headache with machining issues since new and just want to make sure its correct.
AG.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.