A good friend of mine bought a 1972 Dodge Sportsman motor home a couple of years ago. She drove it to her property and it has sat in the same place every since.
Her original plans for it were to move it down to a picnic area alongside a creek on her property. Well, after her husband, and best friend of mine, died in 2019 she no longer wants to move it. Nor does she even want to keep it.
I asked what she was going to do with it. She asked if I could get it hauled off to a scrap yard for her. The interior has fallen apart in the intervening two years and she just doesn't want to fool with it anymore.
She said I can have the engine and transmission out of it.
All I know is that it's a big block. I haven't pulled the engine cover off yet to verity what size.
It's got 82,000 miles on it. I was visiting her on Thursday and took some tools with me. Thankfully, the engine turned over easily when I put a wrench on the harmonic damper bolt.
So, how in the heck do I get the engine and transmission out? I was thinking about pulling the intake and heads first before attempting to remove the drivetrain.
Or, should I remove the grille and core support and pull everything out through the front?

Thanks.

Last edited by 340727dart; 01/16/22 07:35 PM. Reason: 8

Your life is not my fault.
My life is none of your business.

Speech is free only if you agree with those in control.