A few years back, we had a power outage that affected a large area around our home. The majority of people in several counties lost power. That power outage was unusually long, lasting 11 days. Some people had to wait over 2 weeks to have their power restored. At the time, I was using a gasoline powered generator. Unfortunately, most of the gas stations did not have power. The few stations that were open sold all their gasoline in a short amount of time. So buying gasoline required driving an hour away from home!! (And then waiting in line to buy it!!!) Every two days, I had to spend two hours of driving time just getting fuel for the generator. By the time I started looking for some extra gas cans to purchase, there were none to be found!!

Second thought, during that power outage, a LOT of generators were stolen. Having the generator well secured would be very wise.

Edit: The amount of noise that is acceptable varies from one person to the next. I would suggest, at the minimum, locating the generator away from one's bedroom!

Last edited by QuickDodge; 12/19/21 12:53 AM.