I am contemplating looking into a back up power source for the house as we are all electric. So where else does one go to get straight (mostly LOL) no BS answers, MOPARTS.
I have talked with a few people over the years that have had them and if I recall correctly most said they were a BIG PITA.
Due to several outages a year, some that go for 18 hours to 4.5 days (worst one). Most are less than 12 or so hours, but the longer ones are a real PITA.
Unfortunately we do not have natural gas and due to our distance from the line it would likely be cost prohibitive coupled with the cost of the generator.
So that leaves propane, don't really want a 100+ gallon tank and I'm not really sure where I could place it out of sight but still be accessible for filling shruggy
So next would be diesel or gas. Realizing that both would require numerous trips to for fuel, my thought was to possibly drain the unused fuel before it went stale and use it in the tractors or cars. Diesel is more efficient but we use less of it through the year.
My last Idea was a 3 point generator to run off the tractor itself. It's the cheapest but will likely require frequent fill ups and I'm not sure about having it outside in cra--y weather and running nonstop for days at a time

Would really be nice if they would come through and just bury the flippin lines but that's not likely to happen unless somebody like
Warren Buffet moves nearby down
Any comments, ideas, suggestions are appreciated beer