Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Walk into your local fire department and ask them. I'll (almost) guarantee you that your town/county have ordinances that cover size, location, etc...of fire pits.

well, to add fuel to the fire (no pun intended) lol , I called the local town police under 1000 people, and I asked those questions and at this time no, there is not ..pretty surprising, told me it is before the city council to make some rules so I will be present to voice my thoughts.

and then the officer apparently nothing better to do , chose to stop by neighbor's fire and noise, told them they were within their rights and i called him so of course, we had a little drama after he left , good lord just what I needed.

they moved here from Colorado about 6 months ago, the lady is not so bad, the husband on the other hand tends to be a little difficult ( lol ) ..she refers to her place as being " in the country " , " that's why we moved here so we could have fires at night , Colorado you couldn't "

well imagine that ,

Over and over, I tried to tell her that she was not acting very neighborly .. or practicing fire safety.

she just could not understand how her fire affected me or anyone else in anyway .. feels there is zero chance of the fire jumping out of her fire pit
I admit I do worry too much , born that way can't help it .

she says, I watch the fire from my bedroom , it goes out before I go to sleep (bat vision apparently)..

we argued until I was worn smooth and said , you think about it and I will as well , shes out there right now picking up the mess and maybe she understands a bit better today in the light ..

I assure you I will do my due diligence, get in front of the council , and she won't need to quote the police saying " he has no right to complain " ..

should I call the police and ask him why he threw me under the bus ?

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6