What are your thoughts and experiences with Beehive Springs?

GM has been using them in their LSX engines for decades with success, but some claim they're junk and they break "all the time" or wear out prematurely. Factory GM camshafts probably don't have super aggressive lobe profiles, but LS engines take a lot of abuse and the springs survive.

They're typically lighter than conventional springs, especially when considering the much smaller retainer than can be used. They also can usually allow for more lift in applications where retainer to valve seal contact is an issue. Lighter valve-train should require less seat pressure to control valve events and less spring pressure should help allow parts to last longer.

My concern with running a Beehive Spring is breakage and a potentially dropped valve which could totally wreck an entire engine. I'm specifically considering a set (non mopar engine) for a fairly small (.510 lift) hydraulic roller camshaft with an aggressive lobe profile. The aggressive lobe fuels my concern.

I noticed Steve Dulcich had some Beehives on a small block mopar recently. I was surprised because I haven't noticed a lot of guys running Beehives on Non-GM engines. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart