Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
If your rolling to a great extent then you are twisting the housing or bending the bars. Both need to be addressed correctly. The axle housing in a ladder bar set up is the Anti Roll bar. Anti Roll bar on a ladder bar car is nothing more than a ...

put the back of your ladder bar car on jackstands. Pull one front bolt. See how easy it is to pry the front of the ladderbar up or down. That, my friend, is flex. A ladder bar may try to act as an anti roll, but the leverage is too great. All metal objects compress, expand, or twist under load. If you want to see this, measure a connecting rod bolt with a stretch gauge when it is loose . Now tighten only with your figure tips. You should see a very minor stretch, maybe . 0001 or. 0002! Now, translate that into what a 900 hp, 750 ft lbs of torque multiplied by converter and low gear can do. It can bend stuff, like ladder bars , brackets, bolts, housings. Hence the need for an anti roll when simple pre load or other adjustments can't compensate enough. On my car the bottom hole in the front brackets is the one that an anti roll is needed.
Higher holes I could compensate with preload and shock settings.

Last edited by gregsdart; 11/29/21 03:13 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky