For the last 4-5 years my interest in my Mopars has been fading, to the point where I was trying to sell my pride and joy. It turns out that the friends I was hanging out with were dragging me down. Their only interest was hanging out and drinking. They had no motivation to do anything but drink and complain. It took a real tole on me mentally as I thrive on accomplishing things.

Unfortunately things came to a head in the worse possible way. It started with someone I thought was a friend criticizing me for pretty much all that I am. Then the gaslighting began and a complete circle of what I thought were friends turned against me. The more I defended myself the worse the attacks got. It was painful, and I still have PTSD from it 8 months later, but it's turned out for the better. I'm back enjoying the things that define me as a person. This includes my wife and kids. I'm spending more time at home with the people and activities I love. It's weird how something so wrong, and what my so called friends did was terrifying, could turn out for the better.

I have a son that's 15 1/2 which is stirring his interest in cars. Today, even though he just has a learners permit, I taught him to drive stick. He really wants a Cummins Ram and I'm working hard to find one for him. It's going to be older so he'll have a project on his hands.

Sorry to dump out my purse here, but this community has always been very supportive, and at this point I have very few close friends left.

No longer taking $h!t from anyone!