Originally Posted by Neil
When I worked at the Chevy dealer here many years ago everything came on open car hauler trucks like that and likely still do. Most damage I saw was usually on vehicles on the bottom deck caused by the driver loading the vehicles and not the actual ride to the dealership. Having seen all that years ago I'd say it's likely safer from damage being way up high, although it looks scarier.

Exactly.
Been in the car business 32 years. Everything gets delivered via open transport trucks.
Ran a new car GM dealership for 15 years, got thousands of cars delivered, can think of virtually nothing that had issues cosmetically after getting checked over in service while taking delivery.
Now days tons of 100k type cars and trucks get delivered all over the country daily off 9 car open transport trucks.
Most here have no idea what they are talking about.

I own my own dealership now(11 years) and have had one issue with damage. It was a Ram truck about a year ago that had damage on the roof of the cab
That been it.
So when i said 99+ % earlier in this thread, its based on actual real world data

Last edited by B3422W5; 11/19/21 09:10 AM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17