Moparts

Green Bee headed west on auto transport today

Posted By: gtx6970

Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 12:38 AM

Ok, who bought the Green 1969 Superbee

Saw this earlier today.
On a auto transport headed west in Tucson Az.

Wonder if the plate is factual

Attached picture Bee.jpg
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 01:04 AM

#1 - Open transport! Yikes!

#2 - Pic is so small, I don't know how anyone can read the plate.

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 01:28 AM

Says 69 HEMI ,
Looks like an Ohio plate maybe ???????

Attached picture BEE (2).jpg
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 05:46 AM

scope & that's a torque box! up

Attached picture Bee torque box.jpg
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 11:21 AM

genuine Hemi car transported on an open car carrier in 2021? blush cool

Carsten
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 11:43 AM

Cheap@ss Bought It …. work

Jimdrive

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 11:51 AM

Yep. torque boxes.

Odd parts , there IS a green 1969 Hemi Coronet in town, but that car is on stock tires and wheels and its a Coronet RT.

I was getting on the hiway yesterday afternoon so there was no way for me to get a pic or any details other than year make and model, plus it had the dual scoop hood,
As it was headed opposite direction when I saw it.
Then About an hour later a buddy of mine sends me the picture.

Attached picture closeup.jpg
Posted By: MONC

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/16/21 01:39 PM

If I were the owner, it would scare the bejesus out of me knowing that my car was hanging off the tail end of that carrier eek
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 02:16 AM

whistling
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 02:33 AM

Way more expensive cars than that( like brand new stuff) is transported safely just like that every day. 99.999% of them get where they are going just like they were when loaded.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 03:19 AM

Probably delivered like that when it was new.
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by B3422W5
Way more expensive cars than that( like brand new stuff) is transported safely just like that every day. 99.999% of them get where they are going just like they were when loaded.

Where The Hell did you get those statistics from ?

“ 99.999%” doesn’t apply to any transport service - even mine …. down

No one who respects a car like that hangs it off the back of an open trailer
to transport it unless they are a First Class Che@p@ss … tsk

Jim drive
Posted By: Neil

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 04:35 AM

When I worked at the Chevy dealer here many years ago everything came on open car hauler trucks like that and likely still do. Most damage I saw was usually on vehicles on the bottom deck caused by the driver loading the vehicles and not the actual ride to the dealership. Having seen all that years ago I'd say it's likely safer from damage being way up high, although it looks scarier.
Posted By: 330Scott

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by BloFish
whistling

Oh?
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Trulyvintage

Jim drive

How many OEM's transport new cars in enclosed trailers? That's the point. The vast, vast majority of cars end up being transported just like that at some point, including lots of cars worth as much as/more than that Super Bee.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 11:35 AM

“ 99.999%” doesn’t apply to any transport service - even mine ….

So whats the difference? Your bias is obvious being a hauler and that makes your opinion easy to dismiss. Just because some use this mode of transport does not make them any less or more then ones who pay you.

Jim drive

Attached picture 753403a97d6269dd1dd1ac13efa3deaf.jpg
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger

Jim drive

How many OEM's transport new cars in enclosed trailers? That's the point. The vast, vast majority of cars end up being transported just like that at some point, including lots of cars worth as much as/more than that Super Bee.

A number of high end companies like BMW transport their cars in enclosed trailers. Some low volume high end carmakers like Bentley even hire companies like Reliable to transport their cars from the port to dealers (A Reliable driver was telling me stories about how they need to be very careful picking up cars at the ports, as they aren't unionized and they've had union port employees offer to "help" load high end cars into the trailers and "accidently" direct them in such a way that they end up scraping the car!)
Also, a number of OEMs wrap their cars in protective plastic for their shipping process. And another thing, the OEMs typically ship their new cars by rail, so the cars time on tractor trailers is for local transport, not cross country. The cross country part is on a semi enclosed railcar.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 03:03 PM

Comparing a classic car being transported to a new car is a nonstarter. One you can dial up the factory and get it replaced without much fuss. One you can’t. It’s not even in the same universe.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Originally Posted by not_a_charger

Jim drive

A number of high end companies like BMW transport their cars in enclosed trailers. Some low volume high end carmakers like Bentley even hire companies like Reliable to transport their cars from the port to dealers (A Reliable driver was telling me stories about how they need to be very careful picking up cars at the ports, as they aren't unionized and they've had union port employees offer to "help" load high end cars into the trailers and "accidently" direct them in such a way that they end up scraping the car!)
Also, a number of OEMs wrap their cars in protective plastic for their shipping process. And another thing, the OEMs typically ship their new cars by rail, so the cars time on tractor trailers is for local transport, not cross country. The cross country part is on a semi enclosed railcar.

You are correct for sure. I've seen the BMW trailers, the long haul shipping is by train, etc. Reliable shipped my Trans Am from Colorado, and when they arrived at my house, it was my TA, and 4 new Ferraris in the trailer. laugh All 100% true. Still, the majority of cars are going to end up on an open trailer at some point, for some distance. Freaking out because this Bee is on an open trailer is silly.
Posted By: A12

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 06:21 PM

nice GREEN Bee up grin
Posted By: Neil

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 06:42 PM

Up high it's less likely to have a homeless guy get inside and sleep in it. Not kidding. fan
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 06:53 PM

I know a guy who sold a concours level restored Superbird to someone in Australia. The buyer or more likely a buyers agent arranged the transport to the port. On a rainy day an open hauler, if I recall correctly one of those 3 vehicle 5th wheel trailers pulled by a dually pickup, showed up at his shop, the driver drove the car outside into the rain, loaded it up on his trailer, and off he went.
Surprised no one here got a picture of it somewhere along its journey from Illinois to the west coast.

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 07:28 PM

If I had known it was going to start a pissing match how someone ships THEIR car at THEIR expense ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would never have posted it.

I will NOT make that mistake again
Posted By: moparx

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/17/21 07:34 PM

i shipped a 1953 Cadillac to Sweden years ago. it was picked up by a guy the buyer set up shipping with.
he was a grubby looking dude with a junky pickup and trailer to match. i took a bunch of pics of the caddy driving up onto the trailer, him strapping it down, and several pics of the car in general as it was when it left here.
it was headed to the docks in Baltimore, where it was to be put in a sea can for it's journey.
about six weeks later, the buyer contacted me. he was super pumped, as the car was WAY better than he expected, and it had made it's way to it's new home unharmed ! eek
who woulda' thunked ?
beer
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/18/21 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
If I had known it was going to start a pissing match how someone ships THEIR car at THEIR expense ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would never have posted it.

I will NOT make that mistake again

It's the nature of this site! Always turning everything into a pointless debate. Don't let it deter you from posting cool Bees like this one!
KID
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/18/21 12:42 AM

Another Thank You to gtx6970 for his Great picture ! Good Job , Keep them coming ! drive Ronnie

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/18/21 03:16 AM

Guy replied to my post about it on a facebook group Im in ,,,, they saw it in Littlerock Ca

Guess its going to west coast
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/19/21 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
When I worked at the Chevy dealer here many years ago everything came on open car hauler trucks like that and likely still do. Most damage I saw was usually on vehicles on the bottom deck caused by the driver loading the vehicles and not the actual ride to the dealership. Having seen all that years ago I'd say it's likely safer from damage being way up high, although it looks scarier.

Exactly.
Been in the car business 32 years. Everything gets delivered via open transport trucks.
Ran a new car GM dealership for 15 years, got thousands of cars delivered, can think of virtually nothing that had issues cosmetically after getting checked over in service while taking delivery.
Now days tons of 100k type cars and trucks get delivered all over the country daily off 9 car open transport trucks.
Most here have no idea what they are talking about.

I own my own dealership now(11 years) and have had one issue with damage. It was a Ram truck about a year ago that had damage on the roof of the cab
That been it.
So when i said 99+ % earlier in this thread, its based on actual real world data
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/20/21 04:05 PM

Back about 1989 I had a real green 69 Hemi Bee hardtop with a white tail stripe. Mine was F8 green and I'm guessing this one is F5 by the picture, but could be angle of the picture. Last I knew my old one was being restored in the St. Louis area.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/20/21 04:48 PM

While this happened about 15 yrs ago, anyone remember it? This Charger WAS in an enclosed trailer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FrankenScamp

Re: Green Bee headed west on auto transport today - 11/22/21 12:23 AM

Sure do! down
© 2024 Moparts Forums