Jcc, I don't pretend to be an engineer. I do know I can be long winded at times so I neglected to mention more of the issues which leaves some things unanswered still. Some of the broken bars I saw had rust or corroded spots in an area of the edge of the crack, suggesting to me that is where the crack initiated.Cracks in steel and fiberglass generally don't stop travelling unless drilled at ends and welded or stitched. This obviously won't work on spring steel. After we drive the vehicle and the engine is warm, we shut it down and all the materials cool and contract,accelerating the cracking process when parked over night. I think this is along the same scenario as why we are told not to rev up cold aluminum rod motors (besides bearing clearance issue). Most of these older Tbars being talked about, I'm sure have at least spotted rust areas over time. I guess what I'm inclinded to believe is that this breakage doesn't just happen all at once. In Connecticut with winter salt, this was the issue with Mopar police cars. I then moved to Florida to work on police cars, not one broken torsion bar in 28yrs. Has to be something to it.In Ct. our fleet parts dept. had to keep torsion bars in stock. That doesn't seem right. Bill