Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 71GTX471
Is the tubing your trying to flair metric?

good question up
SUGGESTION: You might some scrap pieces of scrap and see if the problem persists.
The only time I've had trouble with steel tubing is when the flaring tool teeth were full of debris. Cleaning with a small stiff wire brush usually fix's the issue.
If the tube has been "scraped enough" you may have to cut a short piece off for a good grip.
only other thing I can think of is you might have gotten an extremely hard piece of tubing (unlikely) or the tool itself is tweaked.
keep us posted beer

It is a fuel line that I bought from Fine Lines so I would think it wouldn't be metric. Never again will I purchase fuel or brake lines from them. The lines they sent me come nowhere close to fitting. The original fuel line they sent me didn't fit so they had me return it to them along with my original (which of course, fit properly) to duplicate. They then sent a replacement line supposedly copied from my original (and they kept my original) and it was exactly the same as the first line they sent me. So, rather than dealing with them further, I just decided to modify the line they sent me. I've had to cut it twice (now have a coupling in one spot where I had to cut it) and do a fair amount of rebending in the line where it goes up and over the rearend and to the sending unit. Once I get this fuel line issue resolved, I have to deal with the brake lines they sent which don't fit right either.