[/quote]

It is not that simple because as mention the physic/geometry.

I measured the small ends today, and remeasured big ends. Then remeasured total, the problem is the added values do not exactly match total weight. One end is suspended and only one is on the scale. Plus there is a density of the rod issue and you do run into rods that have seem to have a higher density. I examined the pads and they are similiar in shape. Right now I have all the rods total weight correct, but there are differences in 2 rods where they have lighter small ends, but heavier big ends. I am also almost out of small area pads on these rods.

These are way better then as installed by Mopar where one was about 25 grams off, but frankly at least one rod is not really workable with the set. I do have a replacement I can use. It was just the weirdness that the lightest rod had the heaviest big end and a lighter small end. [/quote]

I think Transman is right. The total weight has to equal the sum of the individual weights. Differences in density or form that would shift the center of gravity along the axis of the rod would be reflected in different small and large end weights but it can't affect the total weight. [/quote]

I agree and understand the physic, but it is a very delicate measuring process. The ability to make those 3 measurements and get them to add up is not easy. Even cars require level garage, unsprung suspension, etc... Doing a big end has more of the rod over the scale, doing the small end less rod. Vertical and horizontal level of the hanging rod is critical to an accurate measurement.

I have weighed these rods 5 different times over 3 days and I can always get total weight to match. You get a few grams of difference when doing small or big ends. The whole key is repeatability. I trust the total weight to with in 1 gram, I would say the big end is within 5 grams. Not ideal for a race motor but probably pretty good for a street motor. Here is where I am at with measured total, big and small.
#1 852; 605; 242
#2 853; 605; 241
#3 852; 604; 240
#4 851; 605; 239
#5 852; 605; 238
#6 851; 604; 237
#7 851; 610; 234 Problem rod
#8 853; 604; 243

My latest measurement yesterday after adjusting hanging beam resulted in same total weights, but saw an increase of 5 grams on big end. Which would result in similar calculated small ends as weighed day before.