Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I was going to start cruising the junkyards within a 150 mile radius east of Bend looking for motor in a pickup for my first Gen 3 Hemi project.
What is, in all of your opinions, is the best one to start with, remember I'm old school and like big C.I. to start with and I don't mind having a iron block up
What years did the 6.2 and 6.4 motors come in?
Did Dodge make any of the later pickups with a SRT type 6.2 or 6.4 motor in them? help
I'm not looking for a blown motor but if they are out there I won't rule the out, depending on the price.
Last question I can think of now is which brand EFI adapter ECU kit will work with those motors in a early 1967 B body? help
I'm not a ECU tuner but I can learn and adapt shruggy whistling devil
No real reason not too up
Thanks in advance for all of your help on this deal bow

Cab,

Here are a few of your answers:

6.2 hemi= 2015 and up

6.4 hemi=2012 and up

Dodge trucks have had the 6.4 since 2014 I believe.

Holley has efi that will work with these engines. They along with EFI source in Pennsylvania are two of the biggies.

Mopar has what they call plug and play kits- if you are leaving the engines stock these are by far the easiest ways to go. A few simple connections and you are running/driving.

As far as what engine would be best for you, I would like to ask what your intentions are as far as driving/racing, and will you ever want a power adder?