Originally Posted by Mr T2U
i seem to get 0 response from real people on craigslist.
i had hit or miss response on facebook.
ebay hasn't been that bad if you can ship. if you can't ship it usually won't sell.

my example
for the last 8 months i have had a drivers door from a 2020 chevy silverado, it fits 18-19-20 and probably 21 trucks,. there is a small easily repairable dent above the door handle. this door new list is close to $1K, i think dealer cost is around $600..
i have had is listed on craigslist , face book and ebay for 8 months for $250. i have had 0 replies on craigslist. 0 replies on face book with only 10 views. and lots of offers to buy if i could ship it at that price.
one of the problems with facebook is i think they restrict who sees your ads unless you pay $$$ to boost your listings. i constantly get messages like for $10 453 people will see your ad.

the door is made out of aluminum. i have been thinking of just recycling it, but i still have the storage space. the greedy person inside of me says you are crazy to flush $$$ down the crapper. i am thinking if it doesn't sell at Iola swap next year i will just recycle it.

There are several issues I see affecting that knid of add. Most people with a 2018-21 truck have a very nice condition very low miles truck and will not want a used door installed especially if it needs work, maybe if it didn't need work and was already the color they had it would sell faster but even that is a needle in a hay stack. That leads to the next point, shipping, got to be willing to ship it to reach a larger audience and even then the rate you get will probably be significantly higher than someone who ships tons of new body parts so the price gets closer. Body shops are also going to try to sell a new door most of the time because they make more money prepping and installing it and they know that owners of such a new truck either have the money or the insurance so...? I have never had luck selling used body parts that are not PERFECT and ready to bolt on in a common color on a common car, you at least have the common car covered but not the rest of it.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!