Originally Posted by BH27G1B
Originally Posted by poorboy
Pretty strange for two cars to have the same issue at the same time. I have to wonder if the problem isn't gas related and the ballast was just a fluke that gave the gas issue enough time to run a bit more. Have you bought gas for both at the same time recently? maybe you got some bad gas the last time. The next thought is about the opposite, the current swill they sell as gas doesn't have a very long shelf life anymore, is the gas in both cars more then 6 months old?
It was strange that both cars did that. I've been using race gas in all the cars for a few years now, since they don't get driven too often.

I have been using VP Vintage 98 on the cars I do not drive often. After some time I went to start my Cuda. It started and then stalled, I tried that a few times. Start and quit. I remove all the gas and put new gas in and then after a few times trying to start it finally stayed running. So bad gas was the problem. Even when VP said it lasts two years.
Bob

Mom & Dad let me buy a brand new 70 Challenger R/T 440 Six-Pack Super Trac Pack when I was 17

(Robert what is a 440 Six-Pack)