Quote:

6 days left

Installed the motor/tranny/K member and hooked up all the front suspension and brake lines and installed the rearend (found one slight problem I will discuss later).

All I have to do to complete the project is install new wiring harness under dash and engine compartment, install steering column, floor shifter, master cylinder and radiator/tranny cooler. I also need to find a driveline that I can have modified to work. That should be doable in the next 6 days (racing is Saturday May 2nd).

One thing I found while installing the rearend was that the tires are rubbing. I thought this would happen as I have been running a B body 8 3/4 in the Demon (works fine) but the Scamp quarter comes down over the tire more so it hits. I don't have an A body 8 3/4 or time to make one so I guess I will bring out the skinny wheel and make new wheel openings on the Scamp. I planned on taking this car to the junkyard in the next few months anyway (once racing is over) but I still hate cutting up the side of a car

Awesome project! I could not take it to the scrapper though because to me thats a pretty decent car...but on the other hand everyone would call my fixer uppers parts cars!