Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Cats are an invasive, introduced species to North America and native species have no natural defenses against them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_predation_on_wildlife

Cat predation on wildlife is the result of the natural instincts and behavior of both feral and domesticated cats to hunt small prey, including wildlife. Some people view this as a desirable phenomenon, such as in the case of barn cats and other cats kept for the intended purpose of pest control; however, contrary to popular belief, there is no scientific evidence that cats are an effective means of rodent control, and ecologists oppose their use for this purpose because of the disproportionate harm they do to beneficial native wildlife. As an invasive species[1] and superpredator,[2] they do considerable ecological damage.[2] In Australia, hunting by cats helped to drive at least 20 native mammals to extinction,[3] and continues to threaten at least 124 more.[3] Their introduction has caused the extinction of at least 33 endemic species on islands throughout the world.[2] Feral and domestic cats kill billions of birds in the United States every year, where songbird populations continue to decline.[4]

While I can see where this is pretty well true and I can't argue against it.

I will say that Blonde, Brown and Red Haired women are also an invasive species in North America. They, like cats, are never happy with the room temperature, will develop an attitude problem and not tell you why, they are constantly hungry and their hair is everywhere. Feral and domestic women have cost men trillions of dollars in damages, especially when Kohl's has a sale.

Still, I think they are worth it. LOL up