Originally Posted by Satilite73
Back in the '90's I came close a few times to owning a Gremmie, but never did. It was a matter of $$$$ at the time. It would have been used as a driver, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $500 on a Gremmie when a fully loaded Monaco (B-body) wagon could be had for less than $200. ('90's prices......... shock whiney)

I bought mine as a running, driver-quality car for $750 US around Christmas of 2000. I don't think you can get a running, driving lawnmower for that kinda money anymore. That's sort of why I invested in the paint & body. It's so unusual both being a debut-year Gremlin and only 1 of 3 factory Big Bad Green cars I can document. This thing'll be worth a small fortune pretty soon. V8 Gremlin are routinely topping 25-large now!

Today was door panel day. The weather looks like it'll behave the rest of the week, so I have a bunch of interior plastic that needs to be touched up. Then I'll finished up the body. Going to take a couple weeks before I can get the emblems on though. Turns out, the retainers are either AMC-specific.... or weird ones. Nothing can be found locally.

Door Panel 002.JPGDoor Panel 004.JPG

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....