The story:

Stripped down to bare metal.... which was pretty easy since from the front of the doors rearward was all original paint. A good pressure washer was blowing off the paint.

The rear fender arches and trunk floor took the bulk of the work. The passenger side door needed some rust repair too, but the floors and structure were pretty solid. The collision damage at the right front was very minor.

I wanted the car done in single stage for that nice, orange peely look. Though they did knock it down considerably, it looks like a proper 1970's paint job. New vinyl stripes. Rebuilt door hinges. All new weatherstripping and I also rebuilt the front suspension just before it went in for all the body work. It's practically a brand-new car at this point.

Re-assembly is slow going since I was concentrating on the '88 Ram this whole time. So, I never bothered to get Gremlin stuff prepared in advance. Biggest hurdles are going to be repainting the grille and tail lights, and then re-dying some of the interior pieces that didn't take to dying the first time around.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....