Originally Posted by Tig
This was quite a few years ago now but always sticks in my memory. After the qualifying sessions were done, I had drawn a good friend in the next day eliminations. Come the morning when he emerged from his motor home it was obvious he had been partying hard the night before, he was almost green and his eyes were like pi$$ holes in the snow. I remember thinking to myself I got this round in the bag. Getting ready in the staging lanes I noticed he had dialled the same as me, he is normally 4-5 tenths quicker, my guess was he was just going to keep a fender in front and hope for the best. Sure enough, come the race, he put a fender in front. So I slowed thinking I could mess his plans up. Anyway, the lead changed 4 times during the race and we both were over a second off our dial.
He beat me, managing to take the win by a narrow margin but ironically he had left late and handed me a .1 advantage on the tree.
Moral: Just run your own race grin

Just run your own race, THAT is bracket racing, you cut a light and run your dial nothing he can do. There’s no defense in bracket racing.