Update: Got the RR out of storage this 9/11 weekend after about an 18-month hibernation. The 71 GTX engine rebuild last year got in the way. Working on some clutch problems and am actually going to get it prepped for a repaint. Too many flaws and some color die-back that bothers me. It is up and running. Sounds great with the CompCams XE274 cam. Anyone else have Mopar_ADHD that keeps them working on too many projects at once?

@76Beeper, yes, a 70 series should work fine on an 8" rim. I experimented with an American Racing TTO with the 255-70 on a 15x8.5, and didn't care for how the bulge was when inflated. It was really close to the wheel lip and just didn't look right, so the tire was remounted on a 15x7, and it worked great for me. My final tire is 255/70 rear, 225/70 front. My front clip isn't on yet, so its hard to see how it fills the wheel wells. The RR is equipped with 3.55 gears, but the drive ratio specs out to 3.23 with tall tire. Something to think about.

Currently, I have the same wheel set on a 71 GTX, same tire, but in 60 series and do not like the stance. IMO, the 70 series is the best combo.