Update: So I bought a 5-blade, Mopar performance fan from my friend Jim. I also bought new crank and water pump pulleys from 440Source and Hayden's low profile heavy duty thermal fan clutch (I regret buying the clutch; I should have simply tested this using no clutch like what was suggested). The reason I bought a new water pump pulley is because the aluminum one that was on the car was so thick there was barely any space to mount the fan clutch and fan. I first tried used pulleys that I got from my friend. But the water pump pulleys that I got in the deal didn't fit (either hit the water pump or did not align properly). Also, the crank pulley that I got in the deal didn't fit because the balancer on the engine is modern, requiring the pulley with the offset. So, out of frustration, I simply bought new pulleys. Prior to installing everything, I spent a lot of time sealing the factory fan shroud to the radiator, using strips of neoprene that I attached using rivets and silicone to seal the bottom of the shroud, where a large gap (1.5") existed. The car was out last weekend at the Golden Super Cruise and it still ran hot; got to 230 while sitting in traffic. So, after all of this, I fixed nothing.

At this point I guess I can try the 7 blade factory fan. The Cummins diesel fans are huge and would require modification to fit into the shroud opening. My friend did have a large fan from a 70's Ramcharger; but way too big for this application. Regarding the suggestions of trimming down these large fans, I think the ends of the fan blades are shaped in a specific way (looks like it to me). If I start trimming them down, I will most likely disrupt the flow of air off of the fan blade tips.

Finally, I am not convinced that dual electric fans are going to fix the issue. My friend Jim runs a 500 on the street with 13.5 compression and a .700+ mechanical roller and the Mopar performance fan with viscous clutch keeps that "cool" (around 200). This engine is making a lot less power than that one makes. The specs of the car and engine applicable to this thread can be found in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by jbeintherockies; 09/08/21 04:38 PM.