Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I would find a used fan local or on the web and use it with a new thermal viscous drive. I was just at the Monster Mopar swap meet over the weekend and there must have been a dozen fans at the small swap meet they have so they are out there used.

Gus beer

iagree with Gus. When I had the aluminum headed 340 in my Dart it had overheating issues. Brand new 22" copper radiator, 160° high flow thermostat, new WP and a Flex-A-Lite Black magic electric fan. Thought the radiator was the issue so I installed a generic 22" aluminum radiator, Flow Kooler WP, my electric fan was too deep so I bought another, still ran hot. I thought there was a issue with the engine and was going to take it apart to inspect it, someone here recommended that I try a belt driven fan with a shroud. Luckily a buddy of mine had a like new MP viscous fan kit that he sold me cheap. I cut down a shroud off a 26" radiator to work on the aluminum radiator, used the high flow thermostat and Flow Kooler WP. My overheating issues went away. It's never been anywhere near hot since then. The car currently has a pump gas 434" small block in it that has gone 6.25 in the 1/8 and never gets hot on the street or at the strip.