Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Sniper
On my 51 it has non-self energizing and non-self adjusting drums. Rear discs would be an improvement even if it added no additional braking ability.

You have to consider the whole package.

You mean a 51 with a FH six with 7.00x14 Bias tires single MC "whole package"?

Nope, try again.

Why?

OP was rather clear IMO, "My question was was more towards 60's & 70's STREET DRIVEN cars that rarely if EVER see any track use."

you are the one who took it to a 51 with "non-self energizing and non-self adjusting drums" , "whole package". realcrazy

Maybe you ought to learn the basic concept of cause and effect. The "My question was was more towards 60's & 70's STREET DRIVEN cars that rarely if EVER see any track use." came in response to my comment about the 51, not before it. The original question was

What is the reasoning behind converting the rears to disc brakes on older vehicles that are mainly street driven?
It seems like an unnecessary expense that doesn't make sense to me. If one is going to the road course OK, but otherwise ?

And my response was perfectly in line with that.

Your response was also inaccurate in regards to the factory setup of my 51, hence the BOLDED text and the comment to try again.