Originally Posted by Andrewh
I did it thinking it would improve regular driving safety.
Used an old TSM kit I had purchased a while back, but never used on another car.

While it wasn't that bad expense wise due to how long I had it, I would say it does over complicate things and it was a pain to install.
but part of that had to do with the caliper choice and needing to keep the parking brake.
If I had it to do over again, I would have just redone the drums and left it alone.

it isn't any better or worse, but the aggravation of the install could have been saved.

The only bonus is pad replacement is way easier than rebuilding drums.

Back before 2006 I was a dealer for TSM. I did a real cheap group buy. Most tgat bought them bought used Caddy calipers at junk yards to trade on as cores on rebuilt ones. As that was a major cost. Unless you use non parking brake GM fronts on the rear.
I know FEETS (Kevin) did well and kust resealed used ones with no problem g or years.
You have to set the park brake on regular basis to keep them adjusted.

I still have a set it 2 here but am goiing to use them. Would go with the Jeep inside the rotor brake shoe type instead if I was buying a set up over TSM. Only reason I am going to use the 2 set ups I have is I have them

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough