Originally Posted by mopar dave
First, I would double check your ignition system right down to the spark plugs. Something has degraded. Power valves really dont need to be used with tunnel rams IMO. I pissed away 2 months of tuning mine on the street to find square jetting was the answer. Mine ran ok with 6.5 pv's, but the engine woke up a bit accelerating much faster square jetted. If your stuck on pv's, then 6.5-8.5 like madscientist suggested. Tuning a tunnel ram is different than tuning a single carb. Mine starts right up and idles immediately a bit on the lean side and then richens up as the engine gets warm and i am only 1 1/4 turns on the screws. I use #35 squirters and have tried #37 with no change in responsiveness. My carbs have 1.320 venturi if i remember correctly. small 750's was how they were described to me. Soon to get to the track, will see how it performs there. I really suggest square jetting weather racing or street, it just works. The T ram has individual runners and each runner should have the same amount of fuel feeding each individual cylinder. Good luck with your tuning.

I’m curious how you keep the cruise AF ratio clean without using a power valve on the primary side? It would seem to me it would be pretty fat if you have enough jet to keep it from going lean at WOT. I forget...did Dom use annular boosters in your carbs or down legs?

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston